The skin has to take in a lot as it is the largest organ of our body that remains exposed to the environment. Healthy skin always protects us from harsh climatic conditions, pollution, and dirt. When compromised, skin loses the protective barrier and starts to look dull, rough, flaky, and unhealthy. You can always go for online doctor consultation for skincare tips and other skin-related conditions.
It is indispensable to take care of the skin. Healthy skin is also a symbol of personal hygiene and cleanliness, ensuring your holistic well-being. The basics of getting problem-free skin are by keeping the skin hydrated, clean, and moisturised. A hydrated and moisturised skin will ensure that it remains soft, smooth and free from wrinkles or fine lines. Clean skin will also reduce several skin issues, such as rashes and dead skin cells.
If you follow a good skin care regimen, you can control several common skin problems on your own. Unhealthy skin gives rise to wrinkles, rashes, acne, and severe conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and skin hives.
Here’s a simple guide on how to take care of your skin and keep it healthy.
- Always apply sunscreen when you go out in the sun. Sunscreens protect the skin from harmful UV rays. Sun exposed skin is always prone to ageing. You will get wrinkles and fine lines if you are not conscious about your skin protection from sun rays. Also, sun rays are one of the causes of skin cancer. Use a broad-spectrum, water-resistant sunscreen with at least SPF 30.
- Use skincare products that are ideal for your skin type. Every skin type is different, requiring a specific category of products. While buying a skincare product, always check the label to know the skin type. For instance, a pimple-prone, oily skin must not use a day cream meant for dry and ageing skin. Again, sensitive skin people must be extra careful about choosing the right product as the wrong formulation can damage their skin. If you want to learn about your skin type and the best product, consult a dermatologist in Pune or book an online doctor consultation from your home. A good derma specialist will be able to prescribe you your skin-specific products.
- Try to wash your face daily before going out and after returning home. It is also advisable to wash your face right after you cook to remove oil and sweat from the face. Moreover, washing your face after makeup or exposure to smoke, dirt, dust, and pollution is a must to keep it clean, fresh, and problem-free.
- Remember to use the suitable face wash as per your skin type and choose a gentle skin cleanser that will not harm the skin’s natural pH balance. Harsh soap-based face washes make skin dry and damage the layers over time.
- Moisturising your skin is another essential step for your daily skincare routine. Use a good moisturiser for your skin that will not clog the pores, does not have a strong fragrance and absorbs well. Moisturisers or serums keep the skin supple, soft and replenish the skin cells.
- A healthy diet full of fruits, green vegetables, and good fats will make your skin look beautiful. Spicy and oily food tends to make your skin acne-prone and dull. So, add lean proteins, fish, and whole grains to your daily diet for youthful skin. Also, drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
Why and When to See a Dermatologist?
A certified and experienced dermatologist is someone who can treat a variety of skin conditions such as itching, redness, psoriasis, dark spots, blemishes, and more. Apart from common skin conditions, dermatologists can also provide surgical services for particular skin and hair conditions.
A dermatologist will diagnose and treat you as per your skin conditions. You may consult with a skin specialist whenever you realise some skin conditions that need immediate treatment. For online doctor consultation, make sure you note down all your queries and symptoms that you are facing.
Maintaining healthy skin is straightforward if you follow the tips mentioned above. For any further clarification and skin-specific advice, speak to a dermatologist.